Dermapen microneedling is an excellent treatment solution for people who have long been suffering from acne scars. You may have had full-blown cystic acne during your teen years, but the scars that it left behind could be still evident on your skin today. Not only does cystic acne leave physical scars on your skin, but it often scars self-esteem and confidence, too.
Dermapen microneedling treatment from a trusted Authorised Treatment Provider will help erase those unsightly scars and insecurities for good. Continue reading to learn more about microneedling and its many advantages for people with acne scars and other skin imperfections.
What is Dermpaen microneedling?
Microneedling or collagen induction therapy is a treatment that involves the creation of microscopic injuries on the upper layers of the skin to stimulate the production of brand new skin cells. A skin pen such as Dermapen features tiny needles that accurately puncture the skin at certain depths to induce the production of the skin’s two integral building blocks: collagen and elastin.
The automatic response of the body to injury is to heal itself by producing more collagen and elastin to fill the wounds created by the Dermapen skin pen. The new skin tissues proliferate the microinjury sites, thus making imperfections disappear altogether after a few sessions.
Why choose Dermapen microneedling to erase cystic acne scars?
- Safe way to reduce the appearance of acne scars. Unlike traditional scar removal treatments, Dermapen does not make use of harsh chemicals or peel solutions on the skin, thereby reducing side effects and complications.
- The reduction of acne scars is evident after an initial Dermapen microneedling session. In the next four to eight weeks after the first microneedling session, the body continuously produces collagen and elastin fibres. These skin building blocks start repairing microinjuries as well as filling out scarring and other blemishes.
- Painless scar removal treatment perfect for people with highly-sensitive skin.
- Zero downtime means patients can resume their normal routine 24 to 48 hours post treatment.
- Dermapen also offers DP Dermaceuticals; a range of skincare products that support healthy skin during, in between, and after microneedling treatment sessions. When included as part of a comprehensive skin regimen, DP Dermaceuticals further enhances not only the appearance of the skin, but also improves its ability to fight against external pollutants that trigger acne attacks.
To learn more about Dermapen Treatments and how they can help your skin concern, click here. If you would like to book a clinical Dermapen Treatment, find here an Authorised Treatment Provider close to you.
If you are a professional and wish to learn how to become a DermapenWorld Authorised Treatment Provider, click here.