Dermapen is a world-renowned skin needling tool known for its ability to tackle the most frustrating skin issues. Dermapen treatment utilises the concept of collagen induction therapy, a skin rejuvenation technique that “induces” or stimulates the production of collagen to cover skin imperfections including wrinkles, fine lines, scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, acne, rosacea, enlarged pores and hair loss.
What is skin needling?
Skin needling is a skin rejuvenation procedure that works by using a skin pen such as Dermapen 4, to create microinjuries at the top most layer of the skin. This process then triggers the healing process through the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin, two of the most important building blocks of the skin, then fill in the microinjuries, resulting in smooth, soft and reinvigorised skin.
The therapeutic potency of Dermapen is unmatched. When compared to other skin pens, the technology behind Dermapen promises minimum down time, less pain and discomfort, and faster results.
What can you expect during a Microneedling treatment?
When you are about to undergo skin needling, here are a few pointers to remember:
- Topical anesthetic will be administered prior to skin needling to numb the area/s that are to undergo skin needling.
- You will not feel the microscopic needles penetrate the skin due to the anesthetics. The needles will only penetrate the topmost layer of the skin.
- You will notice redness and inflammation after the procedure. This is a normal result of a skin needling session and should subside after 24 to 48 hours.
- You can wear makeup 24 hours after the procedure. Minimum downtime is one of the major selling points of Dermapen treatment.
- You will begin to see the results on your skin over the next 3 months after starting on Dermapen treatment sessions.
To learn more about Dermapen Treatments and how they can help your skin concern, click here. If you would like to book a clinical Dermapen Treatment, find here an Authorised Treatment Provider close to you.
If you are a professional and wish to learn how to become a DermapenWorld Authorised Treatment Provider, click here.