Our skin undergoes changes as we age. The smooth and flawless skin of our twenties is replaced with dull, sun-damaged skin with pesky fine lines and wrinkles. There is no miracle cure that can eliminate the ageing process, but there are procedures such as micro needling treatment, that can help us age in the most natural and graceful manner possible.
What is skin needling?
Skin needling also called microneedling, derma needling, and collagen induction therapy, is an aesthetic, minimally invasive, non-ablative procedure that makes use of titanium micro fine needles to stimulate the skin’s natural production of collagen resulting in effective skin rejuvenation. Miniscule incisions on the top layer of the skin, signals it to immediately get into repair mode. Skin healing starts with the production of both collagen and elastin — proteins that are integral to maintaining excellent skin integrity.
How does microneedling therapy work?
Scientific studies reveal that micro needling triggers the body’s positive response to skin healing and skin cell rejuvenation. The bleeding from the minute skin injuries causes a reaction as platelets come in contact with injured skin tissues. Platelets then release growth factors, enzymes, and hormones that trigger the production of fibroblasts as well as collagen and elastin. The production of more skin cells leads to newly repaired and rejuvenated skin.
Does skin needling really work?
According to expert reviews and before and after photos of people who have undergone microneedling, the positive results on their skin are simply amazing. People who have had the treatment or performed microneedling at home reveal the following benefits:
- Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as a result of increased skin elasticity and firmness.
- Mild and deep scars slowly fade out after a few sessions of microneedling therapy.
- Stretch marks and other skin imperfections disappear after five to six derma needling sessions. You will notice a significant improvement in the appearance of your skin when you include the use of microneedling pens in your skincare routine.
- Skin needling reduces the appearance of large pores as it results in producing more collagen. Your skin will look smoother and plumper, thanks to microneedling.
- Microneedling is also an excellent tool in ensuring that your skin stays nourished at all times. Besides it skin rejuvenation effects, derma needling also enhances the skin’s ability to absorb more nutrients from skincare products and vitamins. Studies reveal that miniscule holes facilitate the speedy penetration of suitable skin-care products into the skin.
With all the good reviews from experts and customers alike, why hesitate in giving it a try? It’s a simple-to-use beauty tool that will keep you looking youthful and beautiful as you age.
To learn more about Dermapen Treatments and how they can help your skin concern, click here. If you would like to book a clinical Dermapen Treatment, find here an Authorised Treatment Provider close to you.
If you are a professional and wish to learn how to become a DermapenWorld Authorised Treatment Provider, click here.