The microneedling device has greatly evolved since its inception more than a decade ago. This is great news for you on your quest for glowing skin.
Technological advancements made by companies such as DermapenWorld™ have delivered microneedling devices that produce the best results for both practitioners and patients.
There are several companies that develop microneedling devices, but they’re not all the same. Before you set an appointment with a professional, it’s important to have basic knowledge of the microneedling device and how it works.
Find out what to look for in a skin needling device and their unique features, to make the right choice for your skin type and concerns.
Needling Lengths of Microneedling Devices
One of the most important features of automated microneedling devices is the adjustable needle. The type of skin needling device and needle length used on a patient will depend on the skin concern that needs to be targeted.
Here are the most common needle lengths used for both in-clinic and at-home microneedling procedures:
– Cosmetic meso-therapy microneedling devices feature a needle length of only 0.13 or 0.25mm. It facilitates the absorption of rejuvenating vitamins, antioxidants, hydration and other actives in approved Dp Dermaceuticals™ Meso-Glide serums. Both the Dermapen HOME™ (for at home use) and the Dermapen 4™ (used in clinics) can precisely reach these depths.
– For skin surfaces that are covered with hair, skin needling devices with needle length of 0.2 mm is often recommended to infuse topical products into the skin. The patient does not feel pain during the procedure when this type of skin needling device is used. For other clinical alopecia and hair loss treatments a recommended needle depth may be 0.75mm-1.5mm
– Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) microneedling device has needle length of 0.5 mm-1.0mm. Clinical microneedling sessions with an Authorised Treatment Provider uses the Dermapen 4 to boost collagen levels for younger-looking skin.
As part of your Dermapen Treatment, we recommend complementing your in-clinic sessions with regular home microneedling using the Dermapen HOME device for the best results.
Discover more about how to use our range for the best microneedling results.
Dermapen Treatments for Scars
– The Dermapen 4 skin microneedling device needle extends to 1.5 mm to create deeper micro injuries that penetrate the dermis and epidermal layers of the skin. It’s ideal for those who suffer from acne scars.
– The professional-only microneedling device used to erase acne scars and reduce the appearance of stretch marks is the Dermapen 4 with its dedicated scar setting. Reaching depths of up to 3mm, the Dermapen 4 automatically calibrates speed and depth. Combined with AOVN™ (Advanced Oscillating Vertical Needling) technology, it has the strength and precision to break through the scar tissue.
Consult with a Trusted Professional
The success of a microneedling session also depends on the expertise of the professional implementing the procedure itself. If you wish to get flawless and ageless skin, it is best to entrust your skin to an Authorised Treatment Provider.
Find your nearest DermapenWorld Authorised Treatment Provider to book your initial consultation.